AL TAMAYUZ CENTRE FOR GLOBAL LANGUAGES
Planning, Teaching and Class Management.
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve progression of learning through:
1. Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
2. Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
3. Setting appropriate and demanding expectations.
4. Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment.
5. be aware of and make provision for students who are AEN/SEN, very able, LAC or who have other particular individual needs.
6. Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge.
7. Making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study.
8. Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time.
9. Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work and homework.
10. using a variety of teaching methods to:
i. Match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary.
ii. Use effective questioning, listen carefully to students and give attention to errors and misconceptions.
iii. Select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, ICT and other sources;
11. Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
12. Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness.
13. Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support.
14. Liaise with the Subject Leader to ensure the implementation of department policy and best practice.
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting.
15. Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching.
16. Mark and monitor students' work and set targets for progress.
17. Assess and record students' progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognize the level at which the student is achieving.
18. Undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and school procedures.
19. Prepare and present informative reports to parents.
20. Undertake assessment of students and participate in the schools system reporting to parents.
21. Have lead responsibility for a subject or aspect of the school's work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance.
1. You must be a good communicator as you will be on many occasions communicating with parents and also other teaching staff.
2. Ability to work in stressful situations and under pressure.
3. Good listening skills.
4. Planning and organizational skills.
1. Advising student on career issues.
2. Organizing and delivering classroom lectures to students.
3. Evaluating a students'' class work and assignments.
4. Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
5. Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records and grades.
6. Classroom management.
7. Developing English lesson plans in line with the National Curriculum.
8. Maintaining discipline in the classroom.
9. Creating a vibrant teaching atmosphere.